Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas came early!

Many of you know my little Cohen is not a snuggler! Since he was a new born I have rarely had the chance to rock him to sleep. After we put him down for bed I could tell although he was exhausted, he couldn't fall asleep, so I went up to check on him. I put his binky in his mouth and decided I would try rocking him to see if I could calm him down. What happened next was so very sweet...He put his head down on my shoulder and but his hand on my chest ( just like this picture) and let me rock him to sleep. I rocked him for about 20 minutes and just listened to him breathe in and out. It was such a sweet gift for Christmas.

8 comments:

Chanel said...

So precious. :)

Iliana said...

Isn't that perfection? Being a mom is so worth it when you just get to hold them and they are still and sweet and peaceful.

Carl and Amber said...

My oldest was a cuddler, until I stopped nursing, and number 2 never wanted to cuddle. Sometimes I would pick him up after he fell asleep and just hold him.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

YOu're making me tear up. That makes all the hard work so worth it.

Karen said...

I love snuggling with my litte Haylee! I'm so glad he gave you that sweet gift

Keri said...

that is THE best! blake's not a snuggler either, but those wiped out moments can bring out the snuggler in all of us. that's so sweet!

Unknown said...

I love quiet snuggle time. Peys was a big snuggler so I hope this baby is too or I will be so sad.

Dani said...

Sweet story! And thanks for the Christmas card. They are gorgeous!